Antibiotic resistance is an increasingly concerning issue in healthcare, with a growing number of bacterial strains becoming resistant to various types of antibiotics. To address this challenge, there is a pressing need for multiple substances and formulations to be made available to healthcare providers. In this regard, PLATINEA (PLATform for INnovation of Existing Antibiotics) is a collaboration platform that aims to optimize the use of existing antibiotics and increase the accessibility of vital antibiotics that risk becoming unavailable in Sweden.
PLATINEA serves as a forum for relevant stakeholders to meet, discuss and work towards the shared objective of addressing the gap between the needs and availability of antibiotics. By optimizing antibiotic use, PLATINEA aims to preserve the efficacy of existing antibiotics and ensure that patients continue to have access to the best possible treatments. PLATINEA is an important tool to address antibiotic resistance, and it offers a promising path forward for collaboration within the Swedish healthcare system.
- Unfortunately there are no upcoming events at this time
- DRIVE-AB policyletter regarding a European model for innovation and access to antibiotics 2023-12-04
- Upcoming update for Platinea's webpage 2023-11-15
- Platinea's fall workshop 2023 - Focus on Scandinavia 2023-11-15
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden has been assigned by the Swedish Government to conduct a prestudy regarding antibiotic stocks 2023-08-25
- Summary of PLATINEA´s workshop the 3rd of may 2023, in The Swedish pharmaceutical society premises in Stockholm. 2023-06-26
- PLATINEA takes part at EU: s high-level meeting on AMR! 2023-03-06
- HERA:s reports about stockpiling for a better availability of antibiotics 2023-03-03
Interested in more info?
For questions about PLATINEA, please get in touch with our project leader Thomas Tängdén.
PLATINEA consists of several organizations that collaborate to enhance the value of existing antibiotics, within the fight against antibiotic resistance. We explain more about the collaboration platform PLATINEA in this video: